We wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to find our meeting room, so we planned to catch one of the shuttle buses at noon. I was shocked to realize that the "buses" were school buses! Yup, this trip is definitely making me feel like I'm only fifteen years old. Oh well. I'll live. :) I'm definitely glad we planned for the extra time to find our meeting room, because it took forever. The Downtown Marriott in Kansas City is the most contorted building ever. It's like it was added onto fifteen or so times, so none of the hallways actually connect to each other. Here was the process to get to our room (which we're lucky to have found at all)
- Go in front door.
- Go upstairs.
- Go downstairs (and yes, you had to go upstairs first.)
- Walk past restaurant (where we ended up having lunch. Not too bad either.)
- Down more stairs.
- Walk down the most beautiful hallway ever! (Beautiful marble and wooden paneling everywhere).
- Go up gorgeous marble staircase.
- Go down a very, very long escalator.
In case you were wondering, Kansas City is HOT and HUMID which makes it feel even HOTTER. Like to a ridiculous degree. Right now it is 93 degrees, but feels like 107. The sidewalk is 123 degrees, and metal slides are upwards of 143 degrees; a report on the news just said that little kids are actually getting really bad burns from slides. The ride back from KC to our hotel (about a thirty minute ride) on the good ole' school bus was seriously misery. I'm back in my hotel room now, and the air conditioner seriously only shuts off for like 30 seconds before it turns back on. I tried to play nice and cooperate with the heat and humidity, but that sneaky little hoe got the best of me.
Shae and are now going to take the hotel shuttle (NOT a school bus, thank heavens) to find a Wal-Mart, a mall, and some dinner. Twill be a fun evening!
PS: I would have uploaded some pictures, but downtown Kansas City (at least where we were today) isn't really that picturesque...hopefully we'll have more luck in this department!


No comments:
Post a Comment